Patient Involvement Workshop
About the Patient Involvement Workshop
5 February 2010
The Effective Involvement of Patients in Health Technology Decisions: What Does Best Look Like? program presented some of the latest international and Canadian developments in policy in this important area. It also included presentations from experts and interactive discussion amongst the participants.
Download Workshop Summary
Maximizing Patient Value – Effective Involvement of Patients in Health Technology Decisions: What Does Best Look Like? – Workshop Summary
Keynote Presentations and Facilitated Discussion
- Dr. Karen Facey: Chair, Health Technology Assessment International (HTAi) Interest Sub-group on Patient and Citizen Involvement in HTA, Chair of the HTAi Policy Forum and Honorary Senior Research Fellow at the University of Glasgow.
- Dr. Marie-Pierre Gagnon: Researcher, CHUQ Research center, Hopital St-Fracois d'Assise: research Axis on Knowledge Transfer and Evaluation of Technologies and Interventions of CRCHUQ.
- Dr. George Tolomiczenko: Executive Director of Research & Scientific Liaison Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of Canada.
- Cheryl Arratoon: Knowledge Broker, Canadian Cochrane Network and Centre, Ottawa, Canada, Institute of Population Health.
- Elaine MacPhail: Canadian Agency of Drug and Technologies on Health.
- Jennifer Rees: Director Patient Engagement, Alberta Health Services.
- Durhane Wong-Reiger: Chair, Consumer Advocate.