Careers and Awards
Location: Alberta, Canada
Date of Posting: March 15, 2021
Deadline for Application: Open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Time Commitment: Full-time
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri
Reference Number: 21-007
Grow with us! IHE is hiring for a variety of positions to support our expanding program of work.
IHE is hiring a Project Coordinator to keep Health Technology Assessment and Health Economic research projects on track. Responsibilities include ensuring project initiation processes are followed, scheduling, tracking project progress and milestones, and ensuring appropriate reporting of project progress and results. The Project Coordinator also manages administrative tasks, such as scheduling, document and information distribution, report collation and communication support. The role reports to leadership of the HTA and Health Economics teams.
Roles and Activities:
The Project Coordinator’s responsibilities include the following:
- Supporting leadership in development of proposals and project plans.
- Track deliverables, actions items, and client requests to help keep projects on course.
- Use project management software (Smartsheet, 10,000 Feet, and others) to set up and track projects.
- Coordinate with technical and organizational staff to execute project plans.
- Plan and schedule internal and external project meetings.
- Update project plans and budgets to reflect changes to project scope.
- Monitor and report on project schedules and budgets.
- Provide administrative support to projects and IHE Directors as needed.
- Maintain appropriate project documentation, including adherence with IHE’s information management guidelines.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and prepare and distribute minutes as appropriate.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience, or 3 years with relevant degree or training.
- High degree of proficiency with the suite of Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with project management software. Smartsheet experience is an asset.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of project management processes, business finance, and customer relations.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
IHE offers a competitive package of salary and comprehensive health and wellness benefits. Salary will be dependent on skills and experience.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest and resume to [email protected]. Candidates should indicate in their covering letter how they meet the requirements of the post and cite the position reference number.
About the Institute of Health Economics:
The IHE is a not-for-profit organization that assists decision-makers in health policy and practice with the results from economic evaluations, costing, organizational performance, and cost-effectiveness analyses, and with syntheses of research in health technology assessment (HTA). We specialize in producing health economic evidence including decision analytic modelling, econometric analysis, HTA, and knowledge transfer/exchange.
The IHE’s core objectives are to:
- Support decision-making in health policy and practice with evidence from research in health economics and HTA;
- Assess the medical, economic, social, and ethical implications of both established and new health practices, procedures, and technologies; and
- Facilitate discussions and partnerships among government, academia, industry, and healthcare providers to address important issues in health
For more information about the IHE, our team, and our work, please visit www.ihe.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.