Careers and Awards
INAHTA Network Coordinator
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Date of Posting: 4 December, 2019
Deadline for Application: Until position is filled
Salary: $50,000-$55,000/year plus benefits
Time Commitment: Full-time, permanent
Anticipated Start Date: 20 January, 2020 or as soon as possible
The Institute of Health Economics (IHE) is seeking a full-time INAHTA Network Coordinator.
The INAHTA Network Coordinator will provide services to the secretariat of the International Network of Agencies for Health Technology Assessment (INAHTA) (www.inahta.org). INAHTA is a network of 50 health agencies in 30 countries and the secretariat headquarters are located in Edmonton, housed at the IHE (www.ihe.ca). The IHE is one of the agency members of INAHTA.
Roles and Activities:
The INAHTA Network Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of INAHTA’s various programs and services. These programs typically focus on supporting the exchange of scientific and policy knowledge and experiences among the members of INAHTA and responding to inquiries and requests from internal and external stakeholders.
With oversight from the INAHTA Executive Manager, the duties that the INAHTA Network Coordinator will fulfill include:
- Coordinating and supporting INAHTA’s various committees and task groups with scheduling, agenda preparation and minute taking, preparation of draft working materials, project workplans, timelines, and briefing documents as directed by the Chairs or Executive Manager.
- Logistical and administrative support for the annual meeting, for example, managing conference registrations, communications with hotels and other vendors, shipping of display booth and other materials to international destinations, providing support for the preparation of annual meeting background materials and other logistical and administrative tasks related to the annual meeting as directed by the Executive Manager.
- Coordinating specific INAHTA programs and services, for example:
- Managing the internal listerv of members, collating questions and responses, posting results in the members-only area of the website.
- Administrative and coordination support for the HTA database including issuing reminders to database contributors and administering new client accounts.
- Collating data from surveys and literature searches, as needed, to support the Executive Manager or task groups/committees.
- Supporting the annual elections process for vacancies on the INAHTA Board of Directors.
- Managing the INAHTA website by making updates to content as directed by Executive Manager; ensuring the website is professional, functional, and well-organized.
- Administering the INAHTA Twitter account according to established guidelines.
- Serving as the main point of contact for inquiries and requests to the secretariat including questions about membership fees, invoices, applications or inquiries about new memberships.
- Coordinating or supporting other programs and services as directed by the Executive Manager.
- Adaptable - Has developed excellent time management and problem-solving skills; is able to work independently as well as within a team environment in what can be a quiet academic-type setting; able to learn and use information technology platforms (Webex, Twitter, etc.) quickly and with confidence.
- Experienced – Track record of excellence in administrative or coordination support in a professional office setting; exceptional verbal and written communication skills; experience working via the internet (web meetings, email) and in managing websites or social media.
- Team player - Has a strong work ethic and treats others with respect; is a motivated self-starter with dedication to achieving team objectives.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of work experience in a professional, research, or academic office setting. Experience in the health sector an asset.
- Demonstrated skills and interest to manage the INAHTA website, social media, internal newsletter, and communications platforms. Formal training in social media or website management an asset.
- Post-secondary education in health systems administration, humanities, social sciences, or similar field an asset.
- Proficiency in standard office programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Professional English proficiency required. Proficiency in French, Spanish, or other languages an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Professional demeanor and sound judgment.
- Positive attitude and demonstrated willingness to contribute as needed.
- Availability for occasional international travel, as required.
Salary and Benefits:
$50,000-$55,000/year depending on mix of experience and training, with a comprehensive benefits package after a 3-month probationary period. Transportation and parking are not included.
The IHE is located in downtown Edmonton and provides an excellent working environment. Interested individuals are invited to submit a cover letter and CV to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest;
however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.