Creating Value Through Collaboration
The Institute of Health Economics (IHE) is an independent, not-for-profit organization with key competencies in health economics and decision analytic modelling, health technology assessment, and knowledge transfer/exchange. Our mission is to inform coordinated, innovative, evidence-guided health policy and practice.
The Institute has broad linkages within academic, private, and public sectors, on provincial, national, and international levels that permits significant capacity and access to expertise, and amplifies the contribution of the organization via network dissemination of evidence and information.
The IHE serves as:
- the provincial program for health technology assessment in Alberta;
- the secretariat for the Network of Alberta Health Economists (NOAHE; www.NOAHE.ca) and the Alberta Real World Evidence Consortium (AlbertaRWE; www.AlbertaRWE.ca);
- a member of and host agency/secretariat for the International Network of Agencies for Health Technology Assessment (INAHTA; www.INAHTA.org);
- a member of and host agency/secretariat for Health Technology Assessment International (HTAi; www.HTAi.org);
- a technical member of the World Health Organization's Health Evidence Network (WHO HEN); and
- a member of the Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) Health Technology Analysis Exchange and Pan-Canadian HTA Collaborative.
- Support decision-making in health policy and practice with evidence from research in health economics and health technology assessment.
- Assess the medical, economic, social, and ethical implications of both established and new health practices, procedures, and technologies.
- Facilitate discussions and partnerships among government, academia, industry, and healthcare providers to address important issues in health care.
Vision, Mission, Values
A healthy population and a sustainable health eco-system enabled by evidence, collaboration, research, and innovation.
To inform coordinated, innovative, evidence-guided health policy and practice.